Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 81: Rest

Let's talk calories on this day of rest. I have opined several times throughout my journey on the uncertain science that is calorie counting. Nevertheless, I have tried my best to maintain a less than 3,000 calorie diet throughout the program. I'm pretty confident that I have done that, although given the uncertainty of exactly how many calories I've really eaten, who knows?

Two days ago I started out the morning by eating some Texas French toast. Then at lunch time I ate some chicken nuggets. After two meals, I calculated that I had already consumed 2,100 calories. That meant that I had to have a light dinner to stay under 3,000. Well by dinnertime, plans had changed and we were suddenly eating out with friends at a local Bertucci's restaurant. I put no restraints on myself and ordered a regular meal. By the time I was finished, I had consumed another 2,200 calories, putting my one day total at 4,300 calories. That is by far the highest single day tally of calories I've had since I've begun the program. But that's not why I mention it. I mention it, because I had no problem consuming that amount - which means that prior to P90X, I was probably eating north of 4,000 calories on a regular basis, without any sort of exercise program.


It's scary to think that in 9 days, when I finish this program, I'll no longer be counting calories and my average intake could far exceed what my body should have. Diet control is a huge part of weight loss and maintaing a specific weight. Learning to say no to your appetite is a good thing. Needless to say, two days later, I'm still feeling full from the record setting day. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment