And so week #2 begins. I still haven't gotten off my knees for the pushes, nor the chair for the pulls. And that's OK. Quality over quantity. But I'm pretty sure that I did more reps this time than the first. I also made sure to correct my day #1 mistake and completed some of the Ab Ripper, as well.
With today being the first day of school, I felt like I was putting on a pathetic show for everyone as they were getting breakfast, packing bags, etc. I'm sure my girls all noticed that Dad wasn't keeping pace with Tony and friends as they banged out 20-30 reps on all the exercises, and Dad was getting somewhere between 1 and 10. Maybe their view of my invincibility was diminished a tad as a result.
And that's OK. Isn't it?
By the way, this counting calories business is sketchy, at best. All of the figures I'm using are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, and I'm trying to do 3,000. So right there the numbers have to be off somewhat. Right? Yesterday I had a salad bar for lunch. Who knows whether I had a 1/4 cup of diced celery on top or 1/8 cup? All I had was a spoon to dish it onto my salad. Did I have 5 ounces of crab meat or 8? Again, all I had was just a spoon. What does Horton say? "Do your best and forget the rest."
What I do know is that I passed up first-day-of-school Monkey Bread this morning and it hurt.
Eat the Monkey Bread, for Pete's sake!
ReplyDeleteSee my previous comment on calorie counting rarely being accurate AND 3000 calories is just a guess for you anyway so even if your calorie counting was spot on, it doesn't mean your needs are.
ReplyDelete