Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting Started





Last night my wife took her measuring tape and recorded my body's current measurements. I did not flex or otherwise constrain any muscles, so that when my final measurements are taken, I'll be able to see how much was lost or gained in the various areas.


I wanted to get my body fat measured by someone with a set of calipers, but didn't get around to setting that up. I did have my body fat measured with calipers several years ago, so I have a pretty good idea of where I'm at. An online calculator says I'm at 25%. I think that's probably accurate. It also says that I'm 47 pounds overweight. I don't know that I agree with that assessment, but I'll hope to lose at least 30 with the program.


My wife also took about 10 pictures of me in the various profile, front and back views which other P90X users take. I am electing to reserve the display until either the 30 or 60 day marks or the final 90 day mark. Seeing the progress and results is what people want to see, anyway. There is nothing to be gained by seeing the pictures now, other than additional motivation for me.

3 comments:

  1. You should really try to get the calipers because with someone like you, you may not lose much weight, it might just turn into muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was last pinched by the calipers, I weighed 15 pounds less and my percentage was 19. So I'm comfortable with the on-line caluclation. I will seek the calipers out again when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I'm a little behind in my email. Somehow I glossed right over this email. No matter what you write about it's always fun to read about you. I'm still in awe of Emma getting up with you. I love her! She was such a joy to be around this summer. Not that her finely tuned babysitting skills weren't enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete