Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 8: X Stretch

Oh great. I've messed up again! First I missed the first session of Ab Ripper X after my inital workout, and now I've done a day of stretching which wasn't supposed to happen!

Dear Tony,

This program is not spelled out clearly enough. (Or maybe I just haven't done a thorough enough job reading your Fitness Guide.)

Apparently, during the first three weeks, I am only supposed to cycle through the first 6 discs, taking the 7th day to either rest or do the X Stretch. Yet in week 4, X Stretch is actually one of the 6 workouts. Whatever. So I'll make it P91 instead of P90 to make up for doing the wrong routine today.

Alternatively, I have to say I'm loving the variety in this program. Were I involved in a program like the ones I did when I was a collegiate athlete, I would be stuck on a four day cycle of alternating upper and lower body weights. Very boring.

Today's routine did pull in a little from the Yoga workout, and I think I had a mini panic attack when Horton made us do some downward and upward dogs. I might be dreading my next Yoga day, which will be on Saturday.

Back to disc 1 tomorrow. Bring on the pulls and pushes.

1 comment: