A little over 90 days ago when I announced to my family that I was beginning my P90X journey, my youngest brother and I somehow ended up making a wager as to whether or not I would be able to complete the program. I don't recall if I instigated it (it's what I do best - being an instigator) or if he offered it. Either way, the bet we struck was the following:
If I was successful, he would have to purchase a plane ticket for me to come to Utah, where he lives.
If I failed, I would have to purchase him a plane ticket for him to come to Massachusetts.
About four or five days ago, he left a comment on one of my P90X posts asking, "How much was that plane ticket again?" I think he recognized that it was a done deal. I tried to warn him. I even borrowed some logic from the classic movie, "The Princess Bride."
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against me when physicality is on the line"!
Anyway, all of that history to say this: I DID NOT WORK OUT TODAY.
Why? I suppose the big brother in me was having a moment of weakness for his younger brother who now has an official get-out-of-buying-the-plane-ticket card. I could have spent yet another morning with Tony, but I chose not to.
So there you have it. On Day #89, have I gone mad? Tripping at the finish line? Please. You know me better than that. Or at least you should.
Whatever my younger brother decides, it's all good. Because I know that you know that Tony knows that I've brought it - could bring it again and again and again.
So classic Aaron! You really are a softie!
ReplyDelete