Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 34: Legs and Back

I hate that this routine is always on a Monday. It's a rude awakening back into the exercise world.

I realized this morning while doing pull ups with the assistance of the chair, that I should probably be putting the chair behind me, instead of in front. The reason being because when I do a pull up without a chair, my legs are tucked behind me. If I practice pull ups with a chair in front, then when I lose the chair and put my legs in back, it puts a different kind of strain on my muscles. Make sense? It does to me. I've been putting the chair out in front of me, because that's how they demonstrate it on TV. But what I didn't realize until this morning, is that their pull up bar is high enough off the ground to allow for that. My pull up bar is in my door frame, so my legs have to be tucked in the back. The continual learning curve is steep, my friends.

And even though I don't own or wear a heart monitor, I'm pretty sure that my heart rate was in the "zone" during this workout. Tip of the day: Breathe and often.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are doing awesome. I started pull ups last week. Can I say killers!! They have me using a big rubber band that is connected to the bar and then I put my foot in it and stretch in down. Crazy hard. But like you I'll get there. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may say killers, because they are. And I have weak wrists, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weak wrists must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete