Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 10: Shoulders and Arms

The Ab Ripper X routine that follows this and other selected routines has only confirmed that my stomach contains the weakest muscles on my body. And even if that weren't the case, I don't have much gas left in the tank after a strength enhancing routine. I think the Ab Ripper X program would stand a better chance if it were scheduled to run after non-weight bearing days, like Kenpo, Yoga or Plyometrics. Anyway, the guys on TV did 300+ sit ups, I maybe did 50.

I've also been feeling hungry the last few days, so I've been eating more snacks like peanuts and granola bars. I'm only allowed 1/4 cup of peanuts when I have them. That's not a lot. So I often double it, which means double the calories. Until you start tracking the calories you're consuming, you wouldn't believe how quickly they add up.

For example, this morning I had 4 pieces of cinnamon swirl toast. Now mind you, these pieces of bread are not even close to normal sized pieces of bread. They're like 3/4 size, and even smaller after they've been toasted. But each piece is 80 calories. Throw a little butter and jam on top and suddenly it's about 180 calories each. Drink some OJ and that's another 200 or so. So by the time breakfast is over, I'm already over 800. Usually by the end of lunch, including a morning snack, I'm around 1,500. Today, I'm at 1,800, but I'm unusally full, because I had last night's dinner for leftovers at lunch, and that was a high calorie meal of homemade lasagna. So I won't need an afternoon snack. Anyway, you get the picture.

Remind me why I'm going through all of this?

1 comment: