Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 15: Chest and Back

Mini celebration time: I've completed two full weeks of P90X. Only two more weeks and I get to measure and photograph myself for the 30 day mark. Can't wait to see the pictures, side by side.

My extra physical exertion at Camp Joseph combined with two straight short or interrupted nights made getting up this morning VERY difficult. What made it even worse was that I knew what workout was waiting for me - a lot of pull ups and push ups, and I wanted nothing to do with it.

But I pushed play anyway and powered through it. (I am going to bed early tonight, however! I need a good night's rest.) And according to the Fitness Guide, having completed my 3rd time with this particular routine (this being the start of week 3), I won't see it again until week 9. THAT makes me happy.

No Ab Ripper X after the workout. My pre-exisiting fatigue coupled with a draining workout would have made any attempt at sit-ups futile. Hopefully in two days when it comes around again, I'll be feeling it.

PS. I did go golfing the other day, and played the worst round of golf ever. Clearly my swing was affected by the workouts I've been doing.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see a post about the core video- that's one I actually like. It doesn't seem as hard as pull up/push up day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because the schedule doesn't have me doing that routine yet. I think I have that one in week 4.

    ReplyDelete