Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 12: Resting in Vermont


Sundays are glorious days of rest. This one found me and my family camping in the woods of Vermont. I burned a few extra calories after my Yoga routine yesterday, unloading the car, setting up the tent and camp, setting up and using a 100 foot slip-n-slide, climbing the hills to and from the dining hall, etc.

My family was supposed to stay through Monday afternoon, but we received word that our area was under a flash flood alert from approaching severe thunderstorms. More calorie burning as I packed up camp after only 36 hours.

Had we stayed, I would have had a slight problem. I forgot to bring my pull up bar with me, and the next workout requires it.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a post from you about purchasing an airplane ticket. I thought that meant you had given up! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not giving up. I bought the ticket because the price was low. I'll be reimbursed if I make it.

    ReplyDelete