Today marked the official end of week #7. Amazing. My toe was not an issue for me with the workout, but my decreased lung capacity was. Hopefully my upcoming recovery week will allow for me to return to a normal lung state.
I've been meaning to talk about what it's like being a big guy at 6'6" and trying to match speed and movements with those on Tony's team. For the most part, I can't. But the Kenpo X routine features a tall guy. I don't know how tall he is, but I'd guess 6'3". So I naturally look to him to see how low he goes in horse stance, versus how low I go, etc. It's hard for me to get a feel for how other tall guys do during this workout.
On days when I'm doing pull ups, I don't watch the TV to see whether Tony and friends are fully extending their arms with each rep, but I do, and the distance I have to cover is greater than any of theirs. Even when I cheat a little and use the chair, I still can't match the speed of their pull ups. So either they're not fully extending their arms with each rep, or they're superhuman strong to do pull ups that fast.
Anyway, it's not easy being tall.
I'm feeling a song coming on! j/k Heard about your diminished lung capacity...have Emma Jo make you some delish chicken soup! And, hot chocolate works wonders.
ReplyDelete